LG Optimus S™
Find the latest software from Sprint for your Smartphone. Check this page for free software updates, applications and more.
->Back to downloads home
LG Optimus S™ Froyo Software Package
Download the latest Froyo software for the Optimus S.
Note: Performing this system update will result in a device reset, removing all contacts and account information. To retain your contacts, please visit a full-service Sprint store to perform this update.
- To retain your contacts, prior to the update please follow these steps to Export your contacts: Open Contacts > Press Menu > Import/Export > Export Contacts > Press OK at the pop-up.
- After the update is complete please follow these steps to Import your contacts. Import Contacts: Open Contacts > Press Menu > Import/Export > Import Contacts > Import All vCard files.
Follow these instructions to install the Froyo software:
- Make sure your device has a full charge before performing this update.
- Make sure you have an SD card in the phone (go to Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage).
- Download the file (via the Download link below) "update.zip" to your PC Desktop.
- Make sure that you have installed the LG drivers on your PC. The drivers can be found here: http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp.
- Click on Mobile Drivers.
- Select the Sprint LGALS670.zip (Sprint Android Drivers for XP, Vista, and Win7) package.
- Select LGLS670 folder.
- Double click on "LGUnitedMobileDriver_S498CA21_WHQL_ML_Ver_2.1.exe".
- Follow the onscreen set up wizard instructions.
- Connect your LG Optimus to your PC via the micro USB cable and select the option to "Turn on USB Storage".
- Open the folder to view files on your device and place "update.zip" from your desktop onto your SD card.
- Once the file is copied, turn off the USB storage on the device, disconnect the device from the PC and power off the device.
- Now press the Volume Down key, Home key (on the front of the device), and Power key simultaneously for 5-10 seconds until you see an Android recovery screen.
- Navigate on the screen with the Side Volume keys to highlight the second option, "apply sdcard:update.zip".
- Press the Menu key on the front of the device after highlighting that selection to begin the software installation.
- After 2-3 minutes, select "wipe data/factory reset" using the Side Volume keys and press the Menu key to select this option.
- Highlight the line "Yes -- delete all user data" by using the Side Volume keys and press the Menu key to select this option.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight "reboot system now" and press the Menu key to select this option.
- The update process should automatically power cycle the device.
- Once rebooted, verify the process was successful by navigating to Menu > Settings > About Phone and confirm the software version is "LS670ZVD".
If you experience any issues performing this installation, please visit your nearest full-service Sprint retail store for assistance.
Software Version: LS670ZVD