Download the file below to install the necessary drivers for tethering the MiFi® 4082 to a PC using a USB cable.
Firmware update version 2.1.56 is available for download over-the-air and addresses the following items:
- CRITICAL FIX: Memory optimization that cleans up unused but allocated memory over time. This is a critical fix that should be applied to all units.
- Over-the-air software upgrade interruption management: If 4G signal degrades and device switches to 3G during an upgrade, over-the-air update will pause and the device will ask the user to click resume.
- Web page redirection the next time an over-the-air update is available, when the browser is launched it will be rerouted to a webpage informing that an update is available allowing to opt-in or opt-out.
- Added data usage widget on the webpage user interface to view data usage.
- Added DLNA support to allow media sharing across any DLNA compliant device.
- Ability to disable SD card for Enterprise customers.
- Support PPTP VPN protocol.
Tethering allows the MiFi to connect to the Sprint network without using WiFi. If you have trouble with the auto installation, follow the instructions below to manually install the drivers:
- Download the file below to your desktop (MiFi4082DriverInstaller_v1.02.005.001.11.msi)
- Double-click the file just downloaded to launch the installation wizard
- Once the drivers are installed, power on the MiFi (please wait until the device has completed its power up by looking for the blue or green light on the device)
- Attach the micro USB cable to the MiFi device and plug in the opposite side of the USB cable to the PC
- The MiFi drivers are now successfully installed on the PC
NOTE: These drivers are associated with an updated firmware version 2.1.56. If you had the previous drivers loaded on your PC, these drivers should install over the previous drivers. If you experience problems, uninstall the previous drivers "Mifi4082 Mobile Broadband Drivers" in your program list.